In summary, our policies are simple:
- The SENEDIA Web Site is for the furthering of SENEDIA’s mission. Any use that is contrary to that is grounds for removal from access to all or part of the site solely at SENEDIA’s discretion.
- We assume that all users will use the site legally.
- We assume no responsibility for anything adverse that results from the use of this site.
- We will not provide specific individual personal information or e-mail addresses derived from use of our web site to any third party except as required by law or as authorized by you. We may, however, use the information you submit for statistical purposes while not revealing actual individual personal information
We invite you to contact us if you have questions about this policy. You may contact us by mail at the following address:
P.O. Box 4171
Middletown, RI 02842 USA
You may contact us by e-mail at info(at)senedia.org.
USE OF SERVICES
The SENEDIA web site may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, groups, calendars, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable SENEDIA members to communicate with others (collectively, “Communication Services”). You agree to use the SENEDIA web site to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to SENEDIA topics. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Use the SENEDIA web site connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any topic, name, material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards one person or a group because of their belonging to a race, a religion or a nation, or that insults the victims of crimes against humanity by contesting the existence of those crimes.
- Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to do the same.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which is made available through the SENEDIA Web Site in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party.
- Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Use of meta tag searches on the web sites.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless specifically approved in writing by SENEDIA.
- Download any file posted by another user of the SENEDIA web site that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from properly using the SENEDIA Web Site.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users.
SENEDIA reserves the right to review materials posted to the SENEDIA site and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. SENEDIA reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the SENEDIA web site at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
It is the policy of SENEDIA to not disclose and personal information gained via web site use. However, SENEDIA reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as SENEDIA deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, at SENEDIA’s sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. SENEDIA does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any part of its web site and, therefore, SENEDIA specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the use of its web site and any actions resulting from your participation in any of the activities related to the site. The information posted on the site do not necessarily reflect those of SENEDIA as a whole.
Materials uploaded to the SENEDIA Site may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination, you are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
MATERIALS PROVIDED TO SENEDIA OR POSTED AT THE SENEDIA WEB SITE
SENEDIA does not claim ownership of the materials you provide to SENEDIA (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to SENEDIA for review by the general public, or by the members of any public or private group, (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission you are granting SENEDIA sublicensees permission to use your Submission in connection with the operation of their web site of to perform functions in accordace with SENEDIA’s charter including, without limitation, the license rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Submission; and to to publish your name in connection with your Submission.
No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. SENEDIA is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide and SENEDIA may remove any Submission at any time in its sole discretion.
SENEDIA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all SENEDIA web site services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice. SENEDIA shall have no obligation to maintain any content or to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party.
NO SPAM; DAMAGES
SENEDIA may immediately terminate any account which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any ‘spam’ or other unsolicited bulk email. SENEDIA also reserve the right to seek damages as a result of ‘spam’ to both its web site, the SENEDIA organization or its members.
Claims for enforcement, breach or violation of duties or rights under this agreement shall be adjudicated under the laws of the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. without reference to conflict of laws principles. All other claims, including without limitation claims under or for violation of state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort, shall be adjudicated under the law of your state of residence. You hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Newport County Rhode Island U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the SENEDIA Web Site Services. You agree to indemnify and hold SENEDIA and any of its member companies, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the SENEDIA Web SIte. SENEDIA, as a policy will not disclose personal information, but reserves the right to disclose any personal information about you or your use of the SENEDIA Web site, including its contents, without your prior permission if SENEDIA has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of SENEDIA or its member companies; (3) enforce the terms or use; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others. SENEDIA’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of SENEDIA’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the SENEDIA web site or information provided to or gathered by SENEDIA with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and SENEDIA with respect to the SENEDIA Web Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and SENEDIA with respect to the SENEDIA Web Site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.