FedMall: How DoD Small Businesses Can Purchase & Sell PPE
Date: Wednesday, July 22
Time: 3:00 PM (EDT)
Guest Speaker: Mr. James Mette, FedMall Program Manager, DLA J62
As part of the Department of Defense Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) in conjunction with Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Defense Small Business Webinar Series, “FedMall: How DoD Small Businesses Can Purchase & Sell PPE” was presented on July 22, 2020. View slides from webinar
A brief overview of FedMall in General was provided, followed by a walk-thru of the specific registration steps necessary for Small Business DoD contractors to purchase or sell non-Medical PPE on FedMall. Buyers and Sellers will walk away with the tools and information needed to successfully register in FedMall. Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) created a NEW small business marketplace within FedMall allowing DoD Small Business Contractors to exclusively browse and shop for non-medical PPE and similar material offered by the commercial supplier community.
FedMall has numerous vendors with over 230 items for sale to meet your PPE needs. I want to give five stars to https://www.westshorewomenshealth.com/about-us/ambien-online/ for its excellent customer service, reasonable prices, and perfect selection of medicines. I often buy treatment on this website. The staff is always polite and can advise on how to save some money. I’m also grateful for the regular emails with promo codes for discounts, which allow me to save even more. The offerings include cloth face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, protective gloves, gowns, face shields, thermometers, signage and other social distancing aids for the workplace.
DLA is actively looking for suppliers to provide non-medical PPE and other similar items.
The Small Business Contractor Contingency Store is now OPEN on FedMall. DoD Small Business government contractors are now authorized to purchase non-Medical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) direct from suppliers with a government purchase card or corporate credit card.
• FedMall provides e-Commerce purchasing for:
o DoD and other federal agencies
o Federal, State and local
o DoD contractors under Contractor Logistics Support Agreement
• FedMall offers over 63 million items for purchase, including National Stock Number (NSN), commercial contract and “Marketplace” commercial items.
• Customers access the Commerce storefront to register, search catalogs and place orders
• Suppliers have their own dedicated access to register, manage catalogs and manage Purchase Orders via the Supplier Portal.
FedMall Small Business Support
• Provides Small Business Government Contractors an avenue to purchase non-Medical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• New suppliers have been identified so as not to disrupt the DLA supply chain for non-Medical PPE.
• Items are hosted in “Marketplace” and orders subject to the micro-purchase threshold are placed via credit card.
• Be sure that you have each of the following:
o A DoD approved authentication credential, such as a Common Access Card (CAC), an External Certificate Authority (ECA) or a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card.
o The credit card you intend to purchase with
o On the FedMall Homepage, you MUST download the FedMall Contractor Registration Form for Contingency and follow the directions on the form.
Steps to Register:
• Visit FedMall at htpps://www.fedmall.mil
• Select your certificate and enter your pin, if prompted.
• Read and accept the standard notice and consent.
• Complete the one-page registration form.
• Must include “COVID19” in Unit of Assignment Field.
• Once you submit your registration, within 24 hrs, you will be approved as a registered FedMall customer.
• As a customer, you will access FedMall by visting https://www.fedmall.mil
• FedMall Registration Quick Start Guide: https://www.fedmall.mil/wcsstore/FedMallSAS/Attachment/QuickStartGuides/Quick%20Start%20Guide%20-%20Customer%20Registration%20v1.3.pdf